Cornell is fortunate to be located on one of the most beautiful university campuses in the world, in a small city in the midst of the natural splendor of the Finger Lakes Region. Even with these positive aspects to the quality of life here, safety is a constant concern for the university. There are several departments at Cornell committed to gorge safety, emergency preparedness, environmental health and safety, and overall public safety.
Cornell University Police are accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, throughout the year. Cornell is also part of the county-wide emergency response system, and Cornell Police is the on-campus 911 liaison and a primary emergency response agency.
- Cornell University Police
- Blue Light phones, escorts, and buses: to help you get home safely
- Big Red Shuttle: free, student-run, Friday and Saturday late-night transportation service for students in need of a safe ride home
- Cornell University EMS
- Health emergencies
- SHARE (Sexual Harassment and Assault–Response and Education)
- Title IX Office
- Victim assistance
- Bias, harassment, and discrimination